Happy Thanksgiving everyone in the U.S! This week, VMware released vRealize Automation 7.2 and vRealize Orchestrator 7.2. What’s New Details are below. Check out this blog article on Azure Endpoint in vRealize Automation: Using the new Microsoft Azure Endpoint in vRealize Automation 7.2
vRealize CloudClient 4.3 is now GA as well. vRealize CloudClient is a command-line utility that provides verb-based access with a unified interface across vRealize Automation APIs.
For those that are using ServiceNow, the vRealize Automation for ITSM 1.0.0 is now GA on http://solutionexchange.vmware.com. This integration enables ServiceNow to be the portal for deploying services that are entitled to the user in vRealize Automation. Provisioned resources are made available in the ServiceNow CMDB and Self Service portal for viewing and day-2 lifecycle management. Download page: https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/products/vmware-vrealize-automation-plug-in-for-itsm
- Don’t forget to signup for the vSAN BETA,
- VMware Cloud Foundation on vCloud Air BETA Interest: http://learn.vmware.com/38234_vCA_Interest and
- VMware Cloud on AWS BETA Interest: http://learn.vmware.com/37941_REG
vRealize Automation 7.2.0 is now GA and live on http://www.vmware.com.
GA date: 22 November 2016
The vRealize Automation 7.2 release includes resolved issues and the following new capabilities.
- Enhanced APIs for programmatically installing, configuring, and upgrading vRealize Automation
- Enhanced upgrade functionality for system-wide upgrade automation
- LDAP support for authentication and single sign-on
- FIPS 140-2 Compliance:
- Consumer/administrator interface is now FIPS 140-2 compliant
- Managed using vRealize Automation appliance management console or command-line interface
- FIPS is disabled by default
- Migration improvements:
- UI-driven vRealize Automation 6.2.x to 7.2 migration
- Migration option available in Deployment Wizard
- Enhanced support for importing vCloud Director workloads
- Service entitlement enhancements:
- Checkbox to add all users to an entitlement
- Delete inactive entitlements
- Expanded extensibility capabilities:
- Several new event broker topics for enhanced extensibility use cases
- Subscription granularity for individual components, catalog items, component actions, containers, or deployments
- Leverage extensibility with new container management functionality
- Scale-out/Scale-in custom XaaS services and applications that include XaaS objects
- Networking Enhancements:
- IPAM framework support for NSX on-demand routed networks
- New network profiles to support additional IPAM use cases
- Configure load balancing policy for NSX on-demand load balancer in the blueprint (round-robin, IP-Hash, Leastconn)
- Configure service monitor URL for HTTP/HTTPS
- Container Management:
- Integrated container management engine for deploying and managing Docker Container hosts and containers
- Build hybrid applications that include containers and traditional OS
- New Container administrator and architect roles
- Auto discovery of provisioned container hosts
- Azure Endpoint for Hybrid Cloud provisioning and management:
- Seemlessly build, deliver, and manage Azure machines with vRealize Automation
- Support for Azure networking services
- ServiceNow Integration:
- Automatically expose entitled vRealize Automation catalog items to ServiceNow portal by using the Plug-in that is available in VMware Solution Exchange
Download landing page: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=VRA-720&productId=569&rPId=13853
vRealize Orchestrator 7.2.0 is now GA and live on http://www.vmware.com.
GA date: 22 November 2016
vRealize Orchestrator 7.2 introduces a number of improvements, bug fixes, and extends the automated configuration with new options:
- Integration with Event Broker Service that makes possible to monitor notifications about business state or workflow status changes in vRealize Automation.
- Improved usability of Control Center, including localization in Spanish, French, German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
- The vRealize Orchestrator plug-in for vRealize Automation is now shipped with the Orchestrator platform.
vRealize Orchestrator 7.2 is shipped with a version of the vCenter Server plug-in that is compatible with vSphere 6.5. A redesigned vRealize Orchestrator vCenter Server plug-in is available as a separate download package for vRealize Orchestrator 7.2. This plug-in is compatible with vSphere 6.5 and vRealize Orchestrator 7.2 and in future releases will replace the version of the vCenter Server plug-in currently shipped with the Orchestrator platform. The new vCenter Server plug-in has the following features:
- Simplified maintenance and faster troubleshooting, compared to the earlier versions of the plug-in.
- Improved performance thanks to an optimized communication with the vSphere Server instances and changes in the caching schema.
- Maximum compatibility of the scripting API and content compatibility with the vSphere products with version 5.5 and later.
For more information on the changes in the new vCenter Server plug-in for vRealize Orchestrator 7.2, see What’s New in the New vCenter Server Plug-In.
Download landing page: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=VROVA_720&productId=614&rPId=13868