vRealize CloudClient 4.3 is now GA and live on vmware.com
GA Date: 22 November 2016
vRealize CloudClient is a command-line utility that provides verb-based access with a unified interface across vRealize Automation APIs.
Use Case Highlights
- Browse the catalog and submit a request
- Approve a catalog request
- Manage provisioned machines
- Create tenants and groups
- Configure IaaS, including endpoints, data collection, and reservations
- Manage catalog services and entitlements
- Import and export blueprints and other content to human-readable format
- Submit authenticated vRealize Automation API calls from the command line
- Automate updates to VM reservations following SRM failover
- Execute vRealize Orchestrator workflows
Features and Benefits
- Standardized command-line interface that remains stable as underlying APIs evolve
- Auto login for scripting (password and keyfiles)
- JSON, CSV, and tabular formatting
- File export
- Sample scripts to demonstrate common scenarios
- Plugin model enables extensibility to additional use cases
vRealize CloudClient 4.3
Support for the vRealize Automation 7.2 capability to assign all users of a business group to an entitlement or to delete an inactive entitlement.
The new vra catalog item service unassign command enables you to remove a service from a catalog item.
CloudClient’s truststore password can now be set by the user. As a result of this update, users may be prompted to accept certificates that were previously accepted in earlier versions of CloudClient.
CloudClient 4.3 runs on Java version 1.8. Java 1.7 is no longer supported.
For additional details about this release, please refer to the Release Notes (links below).
Download and Documentation Landing Page: https://developercenter.vmware.com/tool/cloudclient/4.3.0