vRealize Configuration Manager 5.8.3 is now Live and GA on vmware.com
There are several new features and bug fixes in this release.
GA Date: 12/1/2016
- SHA-2 certificates
- TLS 1.2 for installers
- VCM supports new SKU of vRealize Operations Management Suite 6 Advanced Edition.
SCAP 1.1 for Windows
- VCM 5.8.3 supports the compliance assessment of all the SCAP 1.1 content on all the supported Windows platforms.
SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 is supported as part of VCM installation or upgrade, that is, the users can now install or upgrade and run VCM on an upgraded SQL Server or new SQL Server 2016 database.
- The Software Content Repository Tool version is changed to 6.2.15
New platform support for Managed Machines
VCM 5.8.3 adds support for the following platforms:
- Windows Server 2016
- vSphere 6.5
- OpenSSL Security 1.0.2j
- Python upgrade to 2.7.12
- Libxml2 upgrade to 2.9.4k
- TC Server upgrade to 3.1.5
- JRE upgrade to 1.8.0_101
- Server bulletin template creation
- You can create Server bulletin template with details showing duplicate bulletins, including client.
- Posted Date now supports a new filter for Linux templates
- A new rule filter for Posted Date is included in the Linux Assessment templates.
- Setting enhancement to skip discovered machines
- Ability to change the hard disk setting in UNIX Patching Additional Settings