Hybrid Cloud Manager 2.0 U1 is now GA. HCM 2.0 U1 provides feature improvements, fixes and enables the vCloud Air Hybrid DR on Dedicated service. This is the technology that enables Cross-Cloud vMotion to VMware vCloud Air. It does not require NSX, but if you are using NSX on-premises it can migrate the security policies as well.
VMware vCloud Air Hybrid Cloud Manager enables vSphere users to seamlessly extend networking to the cloud via an optimized, software-defined WAN. As a result, stretched networks perform similarly to local networks and workloads can be migrated to and from the cloud with zero downtime. VMware NSX security policies can also be migrated in order to retain the same security controls in the cloud. The Hybrid Cloud Manager feature is available for use with vCloud Air Dedicated Cloud service.
What is vCloud Air Hybrid Cloud Manager?
- Seamlessly Extends Your Data Center
- Enables Bidirectional Workload Portability
- Maintains Security and Control
For more information on Hybrid Cloud Manager visit:
- Hybrid Cloud Manager and Cross-Cloud vMotion Revisited
GA Date: Dec 15th, 2016
- Proximity Routing ensures that forwarding between virtual machines connected to stretched and routed networks, both on-premises and in the cloud, is guaranteed to be symmetrical.
- Intelligent flow routing addresses the problem of “elephant and mice” flows, choosing the best connection based on the Internet path. The flow floods the entire connection so that workloads are moved as fast as possible.
- High Throughput Layer 2 Concentrator can stretch a data path that uses SNAT rules, both to and from vCloud Air
- Cold migration uses the same data plane as cross-cloud vMotion to transfer a powered-off virtual machine over an extended network.
- NSX Security Policy fixes to enable NSX distributed firewall rules to be moved from an on-premises vCenter to a vCloud Air.
- Security changes in new port access requirements.
- Several enhancements to cloud vMotion feature.
- Fixes to improve stability.
Download Landing Page: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=HCM200U1&productId=343&rPId=14102
Documentation Landing: http://pubs.vmware.com/vca/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vca-hcm-v2-install-admin-guide.pdf
GA Build Number: 4788354
Hands On Labs: http://labs.hol.vmware.com/HOL/catalogs/lab/2764