VMware Integrated OpenStack 3.1.0 is now GA and live on www.vmware.com
GA Date: Feb 21st, 2017
This release is based on the OpenStack Mitaka release and provides the following new features and enhancements:
- Support for the latest versions of VMware products. VMware Integrated OpenStack 3.1 supports and is fully compatible with VMware vSphere 6.5, VMware NSX for vSphere 6.3, and VMware NSX-T 1.1.
- NSX Policy Support in Neutron. NSX administrators can define security policies, shared by the OpenStack cloud admin with cloud users. Users can either create their own rules, bounded with the predefined ones that can’t be overriden, or only use the predefined, depending on the policy set by the OpenStack cloud admin. This feature can also be used by cloud admins to insert third-party network services.
- New NFV Features. You can now import vSphere VMs with NSX network backing into VMware Integrated OpenStack. Another new feature here is the full passthrough support by using VMware DirectPath I/O.
- Seamless update from compact mode to HA mode. If you are updating from VMware Integrated OpenStack 3.0 that is deployed in compact mode to 3.1, you can seamlessly transition to an HA deployment during the update.
- Single Sign-On integration with VMware Identity Manager. You can now streamline authentication for your OpenStack deployment by integrating it with VMware Identity Manager.
- Profiling enhancements. You can also use VMware vRealize Log Insight as the trace store for the OpenStack profiling tool osprofiler.
For more information, please refer to the Release Notes (links below).
|Download Landing Page||https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/info/slug/datacenter_cloud_infrastructure/vmware_integrated_openstack/3_1|