Eye on VMware Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/eye-on-vmware-news-updates-podcast/id1209651206
This week I spent some time down in Austin doing some enablement with my partners. I delivered some updates on VMware solutions and spent some time covering Cloud Native Applications and Containers. I also spent some time discussing the vSphere Optimization Assessment (VOA) install process. We also discussed the new Hybrid Cloud Assessment (HCA) (PartnerCentral Login required) utilizing vRealize Business for Cloud.
Hybrid Cloud Assessment Resources:
- Prerequisites Checklist (PartnerCentral Login required)
- vRealize Business for Cloud Installation –
Training Video (PartnerCentral Login required)
- Trial Download HCA
- Trial Download HCA + VOA
- License Keys (PartnerCentral Login required)
Please engage with your Partner Account Managers for more details on this assessment.
Now for a Summary of VMware News Update from this past week.
- Transforming Security: Cloud & Virtualization – Tom Corn, VMware at RSA Conference 2017 – Presentation by Tom Corn, SVP Security Products at VMware. The biggest obstacle in security may well be an architectural gap between the apps and data we must protect, and the infrastructure in which we place controls. The cloud presents a unique opportunity to architect-in security, rather than bolt it on. Micro-segmentation opened the door — enabling us to see and control the infrastructure through the lens of the application.
- #MWC17: VMware Joins Industry Luminaries in Keynote on March 1 — via VMware Radius – At #MWC17, CEO Pat Gelsinger will take part in a keynote highlighting how mobile tech is playing a role and shaping the future of the event experience.
- VMware Secure Digital Backpack for Education – VMware’s Secure Digital Backpack for Education meets the needs of today’s mobile and online learners. Every student can have one-touch single sign- on access to all of their education applications from any device they choose with VMware’s Secure Digital Backpack for Education, powered by VMware Workspace ONE.
- Global Speech Networks (GSN) Case Study Video #VMware #NSX – Video Testimonial from Global Speech Networks: Accelerating Networking in Australia
- CenturyLink expands VMWare collaboration, sets greater focus on business hybrid cloud adoption — via FierceTelecom – CenturyLink has expanded its strategic collaboration with VMware as a way to assist enterprise customers in their transition to a hybrid cloud architecture.
- [Webcast] Redefining Virtual Desktops and Apps with #VMware #Horizon Cloud 02/28 – Is it time for virtualized desktop infrastructure (VDI)? Sign up for our 2/28 webcast to hear how Horizon Cloud customer Sprint uses the product to deliver virtual desktops and apps that cut costs and enhance mobility!
Bryan Roberts, Group Manager of IT End User Platforms & Mobility – Sprint
- New Video Series! Exploring How Windows 10 Affects Your Business — via AirWatch Blog – As more customers make the move to Windows 10, we realized there was a need to provide a collective learning resource for you and others exploring Windows 10. We also want to provide visibility into how we directly incorporate your feedback into our products.
- VMware’s Partner Provided – End User Computing (EUC) TestDrive DEMO Environment! — via Welcome to The Virtually Connected! – For many of VMware’s partners, they don’t have a demo environment in which they can deploy VMware’s End User Computing solutions such as Horizon 7, App Volumes, User Environment Manager (UEM), etc. This is due to not having the spare server hardware or the funds to purchase hardware just for a demo environment. As a partner, they need to be able to demo the VMware EUC based solutions to their customers to show the value as it relates to the customer’s business needs.
- vRA 7.2 Detailed Implementation VIDEO Guide — via [virtualjad.com] – Welcome to the vRealize Automation 7.2 Detailed
Implementation VIDEO Guide. This is a collection of all the videos making up the full vRealize Automation 7.2 Detailed Implementation Guide.
- vRA 7.2 – Auto-Scale , Application Authoring, Container, On-Demand LB — via Anything Virtual and Cloudy – Today I got to demo advance capabilities and various possibilities in & around vRA 7.2 (vRealize Automation) to an audience. This involved auto-scaling, on-demand load balancers, application authoring and containers. So, if you are a cloud admin or infra admin and wondering what features you can implement using vRA, then this post shows few of them.
- A closer look at the VSAN witness appliance — via CormacHogan.com – As part of the Virtual SAN 6.1 announcements at VMworld 2015, VMware announced two new, eagerly anticipated features. The first of these is VSAN stretched cluster, allowing you to protect your virtual machines across data centers, not just racks. And the second is 2-node VSAN, which will be an excellent solution for remote office/branch office (ROBO) configurations.
- VMware Integrated OpenStack 3.1.0 is now GA – This release is based on the OpenStack Mitaka release and provides the new features and enhancements.
- VMware Integrated Openstack v3.x – OpenStack Deployment – This video describes how to use the VMware integrated OpenStack v3.x virtual appliance to deploy a production-ready OpenStack control plane. We will examine the simple wizard-driven process to configure your OpenStack deployment.
- Looking For A VMware Technical Paper Repository? – As an engineer, I tend to go looking for technical papers to provide information on requirements, install, and configuration information for solutions on a regular basis. In most cases, most of us go looking for them by searching Google. Well I was given this link by a co-worker which is a repository of technical papers for all of VMware solutions in one single place.