Hope everyone had a great 4th of July! Are you ready for the Conor McGregor vs Mayweather fight that starts at $2400/ticket? Or are you ready for VMworld 2017 in Vegas or Barcelona? Last two weeks I have been busy working on VMworld Hands on Labs (HOL). I am a HOL Lab Captain for the third straight year and I’ve been involved every year since 2008. I still remember my first HOL experience in Las Vegas where the labs were held in a room where the hardware was also on-site in the same room! Anyone remember Pocket ACE? I still remember building a lab on Virtual Desktop Manager and Pocket ACE. Now we run everything in the Cloud. If you are headed to PartnerExchange right before VMworld, I’m doing a session on VMware Technical Solutions Professional – Management Automation (VTSP-MA) [PAR4399BCU]. The VMworld 2017 Content Catalog is now live!
Now for a Summary of VMware News Update from this past week.
- Unifying A Multi Cloud World – VMware Cross-Cloud Vision – This is a simple but effective way of ensuring that your employees involved in your Cross-Cloud strategy stay on the right track and are asking the right questions– so share it with them now!
- Four bottlenecks that can be solved with vSAN 6.6 – What do you need to look out for when having conversations with your customers? How do you spot the perfect opportunity to start discussing a move to a hyper-converged infrastructure with vSAN 6.6? These are the things to look out for:
- Budget constraints
- Stretched resources and increased management complexity
- Their old infrastructure can’t help them evolve quick enough
- Put the app in charge
- vSAN 6.6 – why it presents the strongest partner opportunity yet – In April, we launched the latest vSAN product update – vSAN 6.6. vSAN is one of the most disruptive technologies in the infrastructure stack. More than 8,000 customers have already chosen to transform their data center, opting to virtualize their storage function and entrust their most important workloads to vSAN.
- Advice for Companies Starting Out on their Digital Transformation Journey – #VMware | IT Videos – Bask Iyer, CIO of VMware and Dell Technologies, offers his advice on companies who may just be beginning their digital transformation journeys.
- VMware NSX Meets Stringent Government Security Standards with Common Criteria Certification – VMware NSX® has achieved the Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 2+ certification under the Common Criteria Evaluation and Certification Scheme. The certification validates that VMware NSX satisfies stringent government security standards and requirements.
- VMware Delivers Technology for Tomorrow’s Physicians – VMware empowers Temple Health with technologies that enable physicians to increase time spent with patients.
- Mercy’s Hospital – Changing the Patient Experience Through Technology – Staff at Mercy’s 43 hospitals use technology seamlessly with VMware mobility, security, automation and cloud solutions. Patients can better engage with their care teams via the Epic MyChart Bedside app on AirWatch-secured mobile devices.
- Highest Rated CEOs – Employees have spoken! These are the Highest Rated CEOs for 2017, according to Glassdoor. Did your boss make the cut? Congratulations to Pat Gelsinger of VMware, coming in at #83.
- Banking Technology: Three key areas of IT growth you need to be aware of – Today, we want to discuss three key areas of IT growth in banking technology which we’re particularly interested in. The nature of the IT environment we work in means that organisations rarely have a straight path to follow, and choosing the best route to get to where you need to be can be tricky.
- VMware Video: Cyberlink Uses VMware Technologies to Deliver Infrastructure and Security Services to Its Customers – A 20-year innovator in the Swiss IT market, Cyberlink AG stays at the leading edge of technology. Over the years, the company has evolved..
- Blue Medora True Visibility Suite (TVS) is Also Available to vCAN Partners – Effective May 1, 2017, vCAN partners can now manage their entire IT stack from VMware vRealize by adding the 3rd Party ISV, True Visibility Suite. The editions completely align with VMware’s vRealize Operations editions. Watch a demo.
- Announcing the Introduction to VMware Horizon 7 for Citrix Administrators White Paper – We are excited to announce the Introduction to VMware Horizon 7 for Citrix Administrators white paper. This guide is for Citrix administrators or anyone with a Citrix background who wants to learn about VMware Horizon 7. It offers a tour of Horizon 7, how the Citrix components map to a Horizon 7 deployment, and the steps to get you started in evaluating Horizon 7.
- VMware Horizon 7.2: New kid “Blast (Extreme) is the rising star – VMware just released Horizon 7.2. I could show you a summation of the new features. I’m sure that there are several other blogs out there doing just that, so I decided against it. I thought I focus on something different here, something as important and with less attention. I’d like to focus on the protocol war, VMware Horizon offers three protocols to work with.
- Announcing the New VMware Solution Exchange Marketplace – We are pleased to announce the launch of our new VMware Solution Exchange Marketplace! The new marketplace is now accessible through the solutionexchange.vmware.com URL as well as the new marketplace.vmware.com URL. Our goal with this new marketplace is to provide our customers and partners an easy, fast, reliable, and more effective way to learn about partner products that integrate..
- The Best of Docker and the Best of VMware – vSphere Integrated Containers (VIC) are changing the game of containers for VMware customers. The ability to consume VMware ESXi resources directly, leverage VMware’s best-in-class virtual machine (VM) management tools like vRealize Operations, and the ability to create segmented, multi-tenant ‘Docker enabled’ API endpoints are all..
- VMware prepping NSX-as-a-service running from the public cloud – NSXaaS – This blog gives a sneak peek to what is coming at VMworld. There will be many announcements. VMworld content catalog lists live AWS services, Cross Cloud and OpenStack 4.0.
- vROps 6.6 – Workload Balance – With the release of latest vRealize Operations Manager 6.6 there are many new features which came along with it. Now customer can get more OOTB functionalities which were not available in its earlier releases. Some of the new features available in 6.6 version are: Simplified usability and faster time to value capabilities.
- Check out the new docs.vmware.com site for product docs on all products, versions, & languages! – 06/28, we announced the official launch of docs.vmware.com. This portal unifies the product documentation for all VMware products, versions, and languages into a single platform so you can find the information that you are looking for more quickly and easily. VMware products offer a wide range of business solutions from desktop virtualization.
- Host Resources Deep Dive Released! – The time has finally come that we published our book; VMware vSphere 6.5 Host Resources Deep Dive. Countless hours, weeks, months has gone into this project. It all began in the beginning of 2016. Frank and I had a lot of discussions about consistent performance and how to optimize while keeping consolidation ratios in mind.
- Introducing VMmark3: A highly flexible and easily deployed benchmark for vSphere environments – VMmark 3.0, VMware&#rsquo;s multi-host virtualization benchmark is generally available here. VMmark3 is a free cluster-level benchmark that measures the performance, scalability, and power of virtualization platforms. VMmark3 leverages much of previous VMmark generations&#rsquo; technologies and design. It continues to utilize a unique tile-based heterogeneous workload application design. It also deploys the platform-level workloads found in..
- Awesome study: “Developers Who Use Spaces Make More Money Than Those Who Use Tabs”