The Major League Baseball All-Stars break is now over and we are on to our second half of the season. Next year’s All-Star game will be hosted in Washington, DC where they expect to bring in $100 million.
These past couple of weeks I have continued to work on the Hands on Labs for VMworld. We also had our first Channels SE Off-Site meeting where I presented some information on VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC) as well as Cross-Cloud Services. There will be lots of announcements at VMworld. So, stay tuned. I would not be surprised if we have some surprise announcements on stage that I have no idea about. This and next week I will be traveling out to California and Florida to support partners at a few enablement events.
Now for a Summary of VMware News Update from this past week.
- VMware Awarded 2017 Enterprise Mobility Management Provider of the Year Award – Digital Transformation-The growing millennial workforce is looking for workplace solutions that mirror the mobility they enjoy outside of work.
- How Smart Products Will Solve the Retail Apocalypse | EVRYTHNG IoT Smart Products Platform – Some of the world’s biggest department stores are facing branch closures in what reports are referring to as “the retail apocalypse.” Yet amidst this darkness is a new dawn: the rise of Internet of Things-enabled smart products, helping brands and retailers better compete. Shopocalypse Now According to Bloomberg, more than 3,500 stores are expected to close in the coming year, with many of the outlets belonging to huge household names like JCPenney, Macy’s, Sears and Kmart, along with smaller chains such as Crocs, Abercrombie & Fitch and Guess. When you consider the performance of retail stocks over the past few years it’s hardly surprising.
- How to develop an internet of things strategy – Former Amazon executive John Rossman shares his checklist for developing an internet of things strategy for your organization.
- VMware Wins ‘Best Use Of Virtualization Tech’ in Telco | VMware Radius – VMware vCloud NFV allows telco providers to create and launch new 5G and IoT services in a much more agile, flexible, cost effective, and scalable way.
- Teamwork Makes the Dream Work: Dream Payments is Powered by IBM Cloud for VMware – Every year we honor our partners who go out of their way to create new innovative uses for the cloud. There are a lot of successes, but only an exceptional few can receive our Global Partner Innovation Award. IBM is one of those few. IBM has won a VMware 2016 Global Partner Innovation Award in..
- Transforming Security: There’s Never Been a Better Time – As the digital economy continues to evolve, IT teams are … Read More
- Trend Micro, VMware team up to tackle enterprise mobile security | ZDNet -The companies hope integrated platforms will give the enterprise more insight into threats and vulnerable devices on their networks.
- Latest Fling from VMware Labs – DRS Lens – As VMware vSphere DRS has become more widely adopted now, more and more users are interested in knowing how it works. They need more insights into DRS activity and actions. They want to know the value that DRS provides to their clusters. DRS Lens is an attempt to provide a UI-based solution to help understand DRS better. DRS Lens provides a simple, yet powerful interface to highlight the value proposition of vSphere DRS. Providing answers to simple questions about DRS will help quell many of…Read More
- AWS influence apparent in vRealize Suite platform update – Amazon Web Services’ fingerprints are all over the latest update to VMware’s hybrid cloud management platform, but that support comes with a hefty price tag.
- vSAN Hits Another Gear with New Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family – Do you still need that extra push to join the thousands of organizations adopting hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI)? Looking for one more reason to convince your management team to modernize your data center? We are here to help you “hit the refresh!”
- Infoblox & vRealize Automation, Install Infoblox IPAM plugin – This is Part 2 of setting up the native Infoblox IPAM integration with VMware vRealize Automation. In this blogpost I will show you how to install the Infoblox IPAM plugin in…Posted in Install & Configuration by Dimitri de Swart.
- Boost your career with 700+ sessions, labs, discussions, workshops & more at VMworld 2017 – This is the one indispensable event to discover the technology, trends and people who are shaping the future of digital business.
- VCAP – Design: VMware vSphere Distributed Switch best practice notes
– In this post I will share my notes about VMware vSphere Distributed Switch best practice document in preparation for the VCAP Design exam. (Document link; Notes: The document is not updated to vSph…
- Physical Switch requirements for vSAN traffic |VMware Communities – Hybrid configurations must have a dedicated 1Gbps uplink for vSAN Traffic. All-Flash configurations must have at least a shared 10Gbps uplink for vSAN Traffic. We do recommend using vSphere Distributed Switches rather than vSphere Standard Switches as vDS enables the use of NIOC. More information can be found at https://storagehub.vmware.com/
- @DuncanYB added this sticker/shirt logo to his page: https://t.co/NUVZ9edapQ