VMworld Countdown: 20 Days!
How about those L.A. Dodgers? 44-7 in their last 51 games. I watched Yu Darvish play with the Rangers and now he’s with the Dodgers! Gotta love baseball. I imagine the Dodgers will end up in the World Series this year. I predicted the Warriors and the Penguins. Let’s see if I’m right with the Dodgers.
The last Blockbuster on Twitter: (@loneblockbuster): https://twitter.com/loneblockbuster
Welcome to Q3 in VMware’s Fiscal Year! Hope everyone ended Q2 on a high note. This week we have some internal enablement on vSphere 6.5 upgrades, vSAN, NSX and vRealize Network Insight. We will also have information on VMworld announcements very soon that we can share with partners later this month. On 08/24, Partners will have access to the Q3 Launch Briefing on our Quarterly Launch Briefing site (Partners ONLY) on Partner Central. I’m assuming we will have a lot of the VMworld announcements included there. I cannot wait to hear some of the surprises that awaits us at VMworld.
Do you like tech? Do you like swag? What about a combination of the two!? As always, one of the most anticipated items of the event is the coveted, official VMworld Backpack. This year we are offering a bag that can’t even be described solely by the word “Backpack.” This bag is much more than a backpack, with multi-function strap capabilities, this bag can be used as a briefcase, messenger bag, and backpack!
|VMworld 2017 US||VMworld 2017 Europe|
August Dates To Remember
Partner Program Updates
- September 8th Deadline! Desktop (DV) and Server Virtualization (DV) Competencies Requirement Changes: DV FAQ, SV FAQ, DV Presentation
- Competency Name Change Coming Soon: SDS (Software Defined Storage) changing to HCI (Hyper Converged Infrastructure)
- VMware vCloud Suite Upgrade Promotion
- vSphere and vSOM Customer Promotions Extended to Feb 3 2018
- Partner Code of Conduct Acknowledgment Required
- Improved Partner Central Search includes new self-serve Knowledge Base
- Now Live: PEX & VMworld Schedule Builder
- NEW Advanced Certifications Available:
- NEW: Horizon Added to MOBILE VMware EUC Sales Briefcase!
- NEW: vRealize MOBILE Sales Briefcase!
- NEW Training Courses:
- AirWatch Training Course Schedules
- Quarterly Launch Briefing
- vSphere 6.5 Update 1 is now Generally Available
- vSphere 6.5 Upgrade Considerations Part 1 and Part 2
- VMware Product Guide
- How Customers Use VMware’s NSX (Hint: It’s Not Just a Security Use Case)
- The Network at the Heart of Data Center Modernization
- 5 New TestDrive Videos Available
- Gartner: VMware AirWatch Scores Highest in 3 Use Cases
- Horizon Toolbox 7.2 Fling
- Provision Software Components on Azure VMs with vRA 7.3
- vSAN ReadyNode™ Sizer is now Generally Available!
- vSAN/vSphere Versions Matrix
- VMware Cloud Foundation Quick Reference Page
Now for a Summary of VMware News Update from this past week.
- CRN Top 100 Executives of 2017: VMware CEO Ranks No. 7 on Top 25 Most Influential Executives List – VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger has been named to CRN’s list of the Top 100 Executives Of 2017. He ranks #7 on the list of Top 25 Most Influential Executives. This annual list, put together by CRN editors, recognizes leaders from the technology industry who have played an integral role in shaping today’s IT channel, whether by driving huge cultural shifts, creating rich new opportunities, or forging innovative routes to success.
- VMware changed the game with micro-segmentation, what’s next? – Register for Tom Corn’s VMworld session SAI3237SU. The biggest obstacle in security may well be an architectural gap between the apps and data we must protect and the infrastructure in which we place controls. The cloud presents an opportunity to architect in security rather than bolt it on. The question is no longer “How do I secure the cloud?” but rather “How can I leverage the unique properties of the cloud to transform security?” Micro-segmentation opened the door, enabling us to see and control the infrastructure through the lens of the application to prevent security breaches. This application-centric approach is now being extended up the stack to detect anomalies in applications and execute automated responses to threats.
- School District’s Transformation Prepares Students For Tomorrow – Corona-Norco Unified School District modernizes the data center and transforms security to deliver on its commitment to providing the highest quality educational experience for learning anytime, anywhere with a secure and efficient IT infrastructure.
- Cloud Migration ≠ IT Transformation – Many organizations that move to the cloud are not entirely pleased with the results, in part because they have not achieved true IT transformation in the process. CIOs at companies pursuing cloud and SaaS solutions are well served to completely reimagine the IT organization to better support nimble operations that help meet business needs.
- How T-Mobile is using containers in production to increase uptime and save money – After a year of running containers in production, T-Mobile felt comfortable enough Tuesday night before a crowd of Seattle techies to give them a peek behind the curtain at its live production…
- VDI Boosts Access and Security, Creates Standardized Experiences – Universities use the software to offer students greater access to the tech tools they need on any device.
- Securing Enterprise Mobility A Major Focus At VMWorld – While VMWorld will focus on the broad scope of the IT industry, a concerted effort toward mobile security information will hit the stage often throughout the four-day event.
- Datacenters At Sea — Virtualization Review – Making IT infrastructure work in one of the world’s most challenging environments.
- VMware’s Pulse IoT Perfectly Timed for an Increasingly Internet of Things World – VMware has become a post-server virtualization company, and its new Pulse IoT Center product further proves that point.
- Driving Security Transformation: the Virtual Network Assessment – Virtual Network Assessment (VNA) with VMware. A VNA utilizing a VMware tool called vRealize Network Insight helps our partners to provide their customers a holistic view of the traffic in their data center across the virtual and physical domains. Help your customers define how much traffic exists between VM’s, applications, VLANs, and VXLANs. Identify threat planes across physical networks, virtual domains, cloud, and mobile environments. Ultimately, a VNA will provide the intelligence and visibility necessary to map an executable journey to a more secure IT infrastructure. A VNA takes about one week, and installs remotely in under an hour.
- Plan Your VMware Partner Exchange Sessions with Schedule Builder -The biggest VMware event of the year is fast approaching so as a valued VMware Partner, prepare yourself to make the most of it. Partner Exchange takes place this year on Sunday, August 27 in Las Vegas with partner boot camps happening on Saturday, August 26. Pass holders can attend a wide range of technical and sales boot camps, a partner general session presented by top VMware executives, solution keynotes, partner breakout sessions, route-to-market discussions and more.
- The United States Of Unicorns: Every US Company Worth $1B+ In One Map – The United States is home to 105 unicorn companies valued at $1B+. As of 7/25/2017, six private US companies are worth over $10B. Of the top four highest valued, only WeWork (which is based in NYC) is headquartered outside California. California has the highest unicorn “population” of any US state by far, with 62 billion-dollar startups inside its borders. New York ranks second with 15, followed by Massachusetts and Illinois with five each. Eight other states and the District of Columbia are also home to at least one company worth $1B+.
- VMware bringing workflow app capabilities to Workspace One – Get the scoop on the new workflow app capabilities in VMware Workspace One before the company debuts them at VMworld 2017. VMware will show off intelligent workflows later this month in a session at its annual VMworld user conference. Attendees will learn how IT can use the feature to “build workflows from core apps to backend services such as Salesforce or Concur,” according to the session description. VMware, which has not publicly announced intelligent workflows, will provide more information about the feature during the conference, a spokesperson said.
- vRealize Operations 6.6 Makes DRS better! – vRealize Operations 6.6 makes DRS more powerful by helping to balance virtual machine workloads between clusters. It can also provide valuable metrics to DRS to move virtual machines BEFORE resource contention can even occur!
- VMware NSX Training and Certification – VMware NSX™ is the network virtualization and security platform for the software-defined data center. NSX brings virtualization to your existing network and transforms network operations and economics by delivering a completely new operational model for networking.Make your journey to the software-defined data center a reality with expert NSX training from VMware.
- First-Timer’s Guide to VMworld – Is this your first year attending VMworld? Have no fear! We’ve got everything you need to know. Apart from attending all the keynotes and all of your favorite sessions, we’re sharing some key tips for first-timers.
- Top 10 EUC Sessions at #VMworld 2017 Las Vegas | The Virtual Horizon – VMworld 2017 is just around the corner. The premier virtualization conference will be returning to the Mandalay Bay convention center in Las Vegas at the end of August. There is one major addition to the EUC content at VMworld this year. VMware has decided to move the Airwatch Connect conference, which cover’s VMware’s offerings in…
- You Seriously Can’t Miss these 10 EPIC VMware AirWatch Sessions @ VMworld 2017 – If you liked AirWatch Connect Atlanta, you won’t believe the incredible experience we have in store for mobility pros at VMworld 2017. Think: Connect to the 100th power.
- VMware ups the ante with vSphere update – VMware has updated its vSphere 6.5 with advanced features and increased virtual machine powered domain scaling after its release last year.
- Announcing the vSphere 6.5 Topology and Upgrade Planning Tool – As part of the introduction of vSphere Central, one of the brand new assets we’ve put together is the vSphere 6.5 Topology and Upgrade Planning Tool. This tool aims to help customers plan and execute both upgrades to vSphere 6.5 as well as new deployments. With this initial release, the tool is focused on the most common upgrade paths and deployments of vCenter Server 6.5.
- vSphere Upgrade Resources:
REMINDER: VMworld 2017 – Registration Join us in Vegas!