Congratulations to Pascal Laroche from Quebec, CA on winning the FREE VMworld 2017 Backpack with a few swags! Please contact me with you address/number and if you want a L or XL t-shirt.
Did anyone catch the Alabama/Vanderbilt game? This fan became a trending meme. Poor guy. And how about the NFL getting political? I don’t know how I feel about that.
The big news with VMware this week is of course our GA release of VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.0, vRealize Suite 2017 & vCloud Suite 2017, and VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.0 this past Tuesday. Also trending is an interesting article on “VMware Cloud on AWS” Vs. “Azure Stack” by Massimo. Thanks to William Lam for posting the Top 20 VMworld Sessions by Views: vmwa.re/vmworld2017 We can tell our customers’ interests are in vSphere, NSX, VMware Cloud on AWS, Virtualizing Databases and vSAN. Not surprising as vSAN and NSX are our 2 fastest growing products.
Partners, don’t miss this week’s Top Gun Tuesday Sales Training and Top Gun Tech Thursdays Technical Sales Training:
- Top Gun Tuesday – 9/26 Automate IT with vRealize: http://www.vmware.com/go/TGT
- Top Gun Tech Thursday – 9/28 Deploying IDM/Identity Manager Best Practices: http://www.vmware.com/go/TGTT
Now for a Summary of VMware News Update from this past week.
- Announcing the VMware Cloud Provider Program formerly known as vCloud Air Network – We are very excited to announce that effective 28th August 2017, our cloud provider partners are operating under a new program name – the VMware Cloud Provider™ Program. Previously referred to as the VMware vCloud Air Network, this elite group of over 4,000 partners provide VMware based cloud services in over 100 countries.
- Private cloud goes up a level via HCI and public cloud on-ramp – SiliconANGLE – Private cloud environments are gaining new powers thanks to hyperconverged infrastructure, or HCI, and public-cloud compatibility. These infusions are making private clouds easier to manage and giving..
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager – Simplified Management for Your vRealize Investment – Are you looking to quickly install and configure a brand new vRealize deployment or upgrade an existing vRealize environment; both with just a few clicks? Do you want to ensure all of your data center environments are running the same vRealize configuration? Do you want get a single pane of glass to view and manage the vRealize suite through its lifecycle? If so read on!
- VMware AirWatch Day Zero Support for Android Zero Touch Enrollment – Google announced zero-touch enrollment for Android devices. Our VMware AirWatch unified endpoint management team is excited to announce same-day support for Android zero touch enrollment. Earlier in the year, Google added a few alternative ways to provision work managed devices with an identifier (afw#airwatch) and QR code in addition to NFC bump. This latest..
- It’s Finally Here! VMware AirWatch Supports iOS 11 – VMware AirWatch unified endpoint management customers can find custom profiles to support new Apple iOS 11 features on myAirWatch. Look out for AirWatch console updates in an upcoming release. New iOS 11 Features Supported by AirWatch Unified Endpoint Management AirWatch supports iOS 11 features and new capabilities, focusing specifically on supervised devices. Enable/Disable Manual VPN creation..
- Survey: SMBs unprepared for IoT attacks – One in eight SMBs has experienced an IoT-based attack, according to a survey from Arctic Wolf; plus, Goodyear smart tires to power the Tesloop shared-car transportation service.
- F5 and VMware: VMware Cloud on AWS – Calvin Rowland, SVP Business Development, F5 Networks shares a partner perspective on VMware Cloud on AWS. Together, F5 and VMware enable customers to make an agile move to the cloud. Learn more about the partnership between F5 and VMware: https://www.vmware.com/partners/global-alliances/f5.html
- VMware Cloud on AWS pricing versus on-premises vSphere – It’s important to run the numbers before jumping to VMware Cloud on AWS, as on-premises vSphere on similar hardware might be the more cost-effective option.
- VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.0 is GA as of September 19, 2017!
- vRealize Suite 2017 and vCloud Suite 2017 is GA as of September 19, 2017!
- VMware Integrated OpenStack 4.0 is GA as of September 19, 2017!
- Performance of Enterprise Web Application in Docker Containers on VMware vSphere 6.5 vs bare metal: vSphere 5% faster! – Docker containers are growing in popularity as a deployment platform for enterprise applications. However, the performance impact of running these applications in Docker containers on virtualized infrastructures is not well understood. A new white paper is available that uses the open source Weathervane performance benchmark to investigate the performance of an enterprise web application running in Docker containers in VMware vSphere 6.5 virtual machines (VMs).
- VVols enhancements coming in the next vSphere release – I’ve known the VVols roadmap for quite a while but haven’t been able to share that publicly but VMware recently just shared it in a VMworld VVols session that is publicly available on YouTube so I though I would comment on that. If you watch the STO2446BU – VMware Virtual Volumes Technical Deep Dive replay … Continue reading »
- vSphere Integrated Containers – container network firewall – One of the unique and amazing features of vSphere Integrated Containers, VIC, is its ability to expose containers services directly on a network, which means the traffic would not need to pass through the container host (port mapping), full network throughput per container and outages at the container host DO NOT cause any outages to the container service itself. This capability is possible through the use of Container Network option. On traditional Docker implementation, you could just pass…Read More
- VMware on AWS – What’s in the box | Initial Availability – Last year I wrote a blog on VMware & AWS initial service offerings and it was well received by the community. Now that idea has matured in the form of a GA product and with VMWorld 2017 VMware will be starting this offer for customers. So let’s discuss a little bit on what will be…Read More
- vRealize Network Insight 3.5 – Feel the vRNI – vRealize Network Insight 3.5 (vRNI) introduces a number of great features, which improve our visibility and ability to ensure a secure and compliant configuration. Also Network Insight is now availabl..
- Kubernetes on BOSH for the Enterprise – Kubernetes and BOSH are key open source technologies in Pivotal Container Service (PKS). Merlin Glynn, Technical Product Manager at VMware, gives an overview of KuBO and explains how operators can deploy and manage Kubernetes clusters on vSphere at scale with BOSH. https://cloud.vmware.com/pivotal-container-service