Team, what a weekend in sports! LA Dodgers win their second game against the Chicago Cubs in the NLCS. Justin Turner with a walkoff Homerun! Yankees are down 0-2 against the Astros. Broncos lost to the Giants? The undefeated KC Chiefs loses to the Steelers. I love the month of October. Not only is there great baseball. We also have NFL and College Football in full swing, basketball and hockey are just starting. The weather is just perfect as well, minus the recent hurricanes of course!
Horizon on Azure is now GA
The big news last week is our release of Horizon on Azure. Delivering on the Promise of Cross-Cloud Strategy As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. In May, we announced our intent to release the VMware Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure. This summer, an exclusive group of customers participated in our beta program, and finally, this August and September lucky VMworld attendee got a chance to see our team preview this new solution. After much anticipation and excitement, we are happy to announce that the Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure solution is now generally available (GA).
vForum Online Fall event
This is the week!! Coming up Wednesday, October 18th. vForum Online is an excellent opportunity to learn about our solutions and all the product content that has been newly refreshed from VMworld. If your customers missed out on attending VMworld or need practical advice for their technology infrastructure, they will have the opportunity to learn from 16 technical breakouts, 10 instructor-led Hands-on Labs, and 9 LIVE video chats with experts. Take a look at the agenda below and register to take advantage of the chance for your customers to hear Pat Gelsinger’s keynote and get inspired.
Digital Transformation with Digital Workspace
Last week, I presented at the Dallas VMUG UserCon on “What’s New with Intelligent Operations with vRealize Operations and Log Insight”. Here are the slides, if you are interested. This Thursday, I will be at the Boston VMUG UserCon presenting on “Transforming Networking and Security with NSX, App Defense and vRealize Network Insight“.
I’m out in New York City and Boston this week. My colleague Ray Kalmbach (@HybridCloudPro) and I are delivering a VMware SDDC Assessments Workshop in NYC today at the EMC office for our partners. Here are the slides (VMware Internal Link. Partners, reach out to me if you want a copy). Tomorrow our VMware expert, Emad Younis, Senior Technical Marketing Manager, will walk our partners through vSphere 6.5 upgrade paths for scenarios solicited live from the audience!
VMware vSphere Partner Workshop – New York
October 17: New York, NY 9:30am-3:30pm EST
EMC Office / Murray Hill Conference Room
2 Penn Plaza 18th Floor, New York, NY 10121
Click here to register
October Dates To Remember
- Oct 17: AMER Partner Marketing Online Workshop
- Oct 17: New York City vSphere 6.5 Upgrade Workshop
- Oct 18: Online vForum Registration
- Top Gun Tuesday (for Partner Sales):
- Oct 17: VOA Fluency Series – Part 3
- Oct 24: Why should our customers update to vSphere 6.5?
- Oct 24: The Myths of HCI
- Top Gun Tech Thursday (for Partner Technical Teams):
- Oct 19: SDDC Messaging & Demo
- Oct 26: Wavefront
Now for a Summary of VMware News Update from this past week.
- VMware Channel Chief Rauch Spurs Partners Into vSAN, NSX: ‘Without The Channel, VMware Doesn’t Even Exist’ – To help partners make headway with customers, VMware’s Frank Rauch said the company is offering significant discounts, investing in specialists to help partners sell vSAN and NSX, as well as architects to help partners build out practices around those solutions.
- VMware NSX Introduction (Video) – VMware NSX is the network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a VM for the network to transform data center operations and economics.
- 7 reasons Chrome OS computers are ideal for enterprises – “We’ve seen enterprise interest in Chrome OS rise over the past year,” added Sumit Dhawan, senior vice president and general manager for end-user computing at VMware. “Chrome OS as a platform makes a lot of sense for customers looking for a low-footprint endpoint that’s easy to manage and secure.”
- Google and VMware: A Vision for Productive & Mobile Employees (Video) – Learn how Google and VMware work together to make employees productive and mobile in the workforce through their partnership, including Google’s recent announcement of Chrome Enterprise and management of Chrome devices through AirWatch and WorkspaceONE.
- Transforming customer experience in retail – Charles Barratt, Principal Business Solutions Architect, EMEA EUC Strategic Accounts From … Read More
- Michael Dell Vows to Invest $1 Billion over Three Years to Fund Internet of Things Business – Dell launches new IoT Division
- SAP and VMware partner to make enterprise IoT deployments easier – SiliconANGLE – Software giants SAP SE and VMware Inc. are teaming up to launch a new enterprise-focused “internet of things” initiative that encompasses devices, the cloud, infrastructure and other applications.
- Report: Healthcare Organizations Spend $12.5 Million a Year on Cybersecurity – Cybercrime is costing businesses, on average, $11.7 million a year, a 23 percent increase from $9.5 million in cybercrime-related spending last year, according to the Ponemon Institute’s Cost of Cybercrime Study.
- VMware Cloud Overview (Video) – Find out more about VMware Cloud: http://cloud.vmware.com
- VMware Cloud on AWS – Pricing & Packaging – VMware Cloud on AWS service is offered in a simple and flexible packaging structure wherein you get VMware’s software capabilities delivered as a service on AWS’s powerful bare-metal infrastructure. Find out more about VMware’s Cloud Services: http://cloud.vmware.com
- Understanding the Impacts of Mixed-Version vCenter Server Deployments – There are a few questions that come up quite often regarding vCenter Server upgrades and mixed-versions that we would like to address. In this blog post we will discuss and attempt to clarify the guidance in the vSphere Documentation for Upgrade or Migration Order and Mixed-Version Transitional Behavior for Multiple vCenter Server Instance Deployments.
- vSAN Ready Nodes + PowerEdge: Built to suit (Video) – We caught up with Chad Fenner from Dell EMC to talk about how vSAN Ready Nodes are suited for customers with unique requirements.
- vRealize Network Insight 3.5 – Feel the vRNI – vRealize Network Insight 3.5 (vRNI) introduces a number of great features, which improve our visibility and ability to ensure a secure and compliant configuration. Also Network Insight is now available as a service. This means you can rely on VMware to handle management and updates of Network Insight, with the same great feature set you enjoy when running vRNI in your datacenter.
- Configuring IPsec VPN within VMware NSX Edge – This article shows you how to create an IPsec VPN between a NSX Edge Gateway with a vCloud Director/NSX Manager and a remote Client site. First you need basic details from client so that you can co…Read More
- VMware Cloud on AWS – Elastic Resource Management – In my previous post, I talked about the setup of a SDDC on AWS. Now I want to focus on resource management and the scalability features Add/Remove Hosts One of the coolest features of VMC, i…Read More
- Onboarding with Windows AutoPilot & Workspace ONE – With Windows AutoPilot and Workspace ONE, users get a delightful onboarding experience and can be productive in minutes. Read about the newest innovations.